NOPE of Hillsborough is pleased to award up to thirteen scholarships this year in conjunction with The DeBartolo Family Foundation, The Michael Valdes Foundation, Hillsborough County Anti-Drug Alliance (in memory of Dan Grant), and one in memory of Jamie Godette Church.
WHAT: NOPE of Hillsborough Scholarships in conjunction with The DeBartolo Family Foundation (Up to Ten – $1,000.00). Michael Valdes Foundation Scholarship (one – $1,000.00). Hillsborough County Anti-Drug Alliance in memory of Dan Grant (one – $1,000). In memory of Jamie Godette Church (one – $1,000). These scholarship funds are to be used for college, university, or technical trade school and should be applied to extended higher learning expenses.
WHO MAY APPLY: Any Hillsborough County High School Senior who has experienced a NOPE Presentation within the last 4 years. The entire presentation is now available on our website for those that have never experienced a NOPE student presentation in person and for those that need to refresh their memories on the main three points covered. It is best to fill out this application on a PC or laptop. Using an iPad is okay but using an iPhone or Android device is not optimal. Thank you.
STUDENT REQUIREMENTS: In addition to experiencing a NOPE Student Presentation, the student must have been accepted into a college, university, or a technical/trade institute or be waiting for entrance into one of the aforementioned institutions.
APPLICATION PACKET MUST INCLUDE the following: Completed online application form, uploaded GPA verification via Student Permanent Record Summary, Completed Essay, and two reference letters.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: The deadline was April 30, 2021. Please do not apply at this time.
NOPE SCHOLARSHIPS AWARDED: May 2021 through June 2021. Due to COVID-19 and the closure of all school campuses to outside visitors, we will be awarding these scholarships via an alternate method TBA.
Instructions to complete the NOPE of Hillsborough Scholarship Application:
- Completely fill out the online application. Remember, using a PC or laptop will work best. Using an iPad, iPhone or Android device is not optimal. You may save your work as you go along and return to it at any future time. Click “SEND” after all documents have been uploaded.
- Upload the GPA verification via your Student Permanent Record Summary.
- Secure and Upload two Reference Letters: one from your school – Administrator, Guidance Counselor, or Teacher and one from your personal life – a coach, pastor, relative, boss (if applicable), or friend. These two letters can be handwritten or typed. They must include the full name of the person writing the letter, their relationship to you, their email, and phone number.
- Essay (300-500 words) This essay should contain the following information:
- Include how the 3 main points of the Student Presentation will affect your future.
- How did the NOPE Student Presentation make an impact on your life?
- How will you carry the messages and stories from this presentation forward in the next chapter of your journey after high school?
Please note that the form is designed to retain any information added until the browser cache is cleared. You can navigate away from the form or close your browser but as long as your browser cache does not clear, the content entered into the fields will remain populated upon your return to the form.